2015-03-22 Welcome to the Weekly Changelog
Hey guys, sorry for skipping out on last week's post. All of my finals and projects were due last week so I was busy up to my neck with that. So I have some ground-breaking news for Project Zombie. Please read this next paragraph fully so you can understand from my perspective why I had to do this.
Earlier last week I decided that in order for Project Zombie to be successful, it had to be in a network of some kind; not a stand-alone server. I also realized that for PZ to be consistently worked on, someone else has to be in charge because I do not have enough time these days like I did three/four years ago. I searched around the Minecraft community for a network that would make a nice home for Project Zombie and continue it's development (and not alter it's gameplay).
After looking at many different networks I found http://www.minetexas.com/. It's ran by ataranlen; he's a great guy and very knowledgable in Minecraft (much more than me!) and has played Project Zombie back in its prime. He and I share the same vision of what Project Zombie has the potential to be all while sticking it its roots. I have already handed him the server files and we are starting to develop on his network.
I will still be be actively working on Project Zombie; the same amount I would be if I still owned the server. We are in the process of writing a massive to-do list and getting organized to start developing at a faster pace.
I will also be handing the domain to atar so we can make Project Zombie's IP projectzombie.net. I'll keep you guys updated.
And finally, a little more personal news, I found an unpaid internship for programming! I put in my two weeks at my current job so I can focus my time toward programming more (include Project Zombie programming!).
I don't have a render or changelog this week. I'll be sure to post my to-do list to let you guys know our agenda in developing.
- Gated Community
- Change road to grass (no snow on top either!)
- Less dense cars
- Street light rework
- More curved corners where possible
- Update buildings with new doors
- Recolor rural buildings
- Retexture floors (some are bricks now!)
- Finish unfinished interiors
- Remove existing phatloots chests
- Reconfigure accuracies
- Compress sound files
- Map unique locations for guns
- Create 'durablity' plugin for guns
- Guns might have to be tools (for durability)
- Switch 'material' guns and low-level melee weps
- Think of way to obtain ammo
- Consistent spawning method for mobs
- Create multiple types of mobs (speeds/health/etc)
- Different map 'areas' with unique spawning (difficulty)
- Airport, etc
- Create unique statistics plugin (zombie kills/player kills)
- Create 'ranks' base on kills
- Stat plugin
- Party plugin
- Care package plugin
Have a nice week,