Main Forum

The Old Days

6 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Hi all,
Hi Jesse, it's been a while. I would be VERY surprised if anyone remembered my name but im babycookie959, a previous player of the factions server. Which brings me to the topic of this post. After scouring through planet minecraft, I have never found a server equivalent to Jesse's Faction Server. Years later me and long term friends i have met on that server still reminisce of the old days. The days of raiding, remembering the good times raiding (or being raided by) Necropolis, the Elites, and SPQR to name a few. I was the leader of Templars who were fairly large at the time of the ragnarok event of that server. Since then my player network has significantly grown and all of them have heard tales of the exploits, raids, and shenanigans that went down on there. I know managing a server is a lot of work but I implore you to PLEASE consider reviving that server. I guarantee you I could bring at least 20 players on to start it up both old and new. In addition to this me and a few friends who are bringing you this petition would be more than happy to help run the server and keep it rolling smoothly while you focus on PZ. We were mostly late middle to early high school aged at the time and now a lot of us are in college now so can commit more day-time play. PLEASE don't just blow this off and at least consider. Even just talking around, this server would certainly fit a demand for honest vanilla faction servers. Me and so many others are sick and tired of going on a faction server only to find out that we spawn in with prot 8 armor and a stack of diamond blocks. With the loyalty and passion that sill exists towards that server, reviving it would make many people happy and I can tell you it would certainly bring in some good revenue. If this is at all a posibility, I would be more than happy to sent you my email and assist in any way possible. There's players out there that really want this Jesse, reforge the sword known as Jesse's Faction Server.
Thanks,
Tom
Posted Mar 23, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+30
Untagged users
I remember see your name before, but i do remember the other names you seed. Now at this point some sort of simple faction server might be a good idea to, at least, bring some people back together, and i bet there will be many people willing to help out with the faction server, including my self. The one problem i can see is funding the server, but after the server stats i can see a lot of donations coming in if there is really that many people wanting it back.
Haters Going to Hate my Spalling!!!
Posted Mar 23, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+7
Untagged users
There was something special about that faction server. I felt like the community in the server was more tightly knit than the other faction servers as everyone started at the same level, as you stated about the armor. Jesse's mindset towards gameplay is very good at genererating an even playing field.

I would be interested in another faction server, but first I would like to see how PZ hits off. If other players show support for a faction server like the one previous run, then hell yeah. I would suggest waiting a little bit until server settles in and people come back to the forums, then make a poll post to determine player support.
Hyperman501 is the username I had on the old PZ
Posted Mar 24, 16
List
Undo
Jesse a
Votes:
+151
Admins
A faction server would be easy to spin up, honestly. I would not mind creating a place for PZ friends to 'hang out' in the meantime before our big release. I'll consider it.
Posted Mar 26, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+30
Untagged users
wrote:
A faction server would be easy to spin up, honestly. I would not mind creating a place for PZ friends to 'hang out' in the meantime before our big release. I'll consider it.
just don't make it so you need to login to the faction/rp server to then login to pz
Posted Mar 27, 16
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Awesome Man! As I said, If this does get off the ground I have a big group of solid players looking for a solid faction server to invest time in. You don't know how happy you'd make some older players if Jesse's Faction server came back. My offer still stands, If you need help running the faction server (ie plugins, building spawn up (recreating the old church), and administrating) feel free to contact me! email: burke146@connect.wcsu.edu
Thanks,
Tom
Posted Mar 28, 16 · OP
Votes:
+30
Untagged users
So is there anything that we would need to do to get this going? I fined me self with free time that i am willing to give, i just need to know what i can do to help.
Posted Apr 3, 16
NoticeNotices